Link to Wellness is a free program that can support people to find and join activities, groups, classes and volunteering opportunities, as well as connect you with organisations that can help with issues such as housing, finances & unemployment.
People can be referred by a medical professional, local organisation, friend or family member.
Or can you can contact the link worker yourself to make a time to chat and find out what support the program can offer you.
This program is open to people living or working in Hobsons Bay aged 18 years and older who will benefit from being connected to activities and services in the local area.
Link to Wellness can support:
- People over 18 years old
- People who are new to the area and want to find out what is available
- People who need ‘low-level’ support with their mental health
- People who are lonely or isolated
- People who need help with practical things such as housing or financial difficulties
- People with one or more long-term health conditions.
This program is not able to assist:
- People with complex mental health conditions
- People in palliative care
- People who do not want to engage with the Program
- People who are being referred for issues such as addiction
Common activities within social prescribing programmes Social prescribing schemes can involve a variety of activities, which are typically provided by voluntary and community sector organisations.
- arts & craft activities
- group learning such as English classes & computer classes
- social groups
- special interest groups
- cooking classes
- walking groups & other physical activities
Link to Wellness can also link people to services to address issues such as housing, food insecurity, employment and training and a range of other issues.
Download a flyer
Link to Wellness
To find out more about the program or to speak to the link worker, contact us:
mob. 0448 808 792